 Local / Australia / 11524
Re: Bugs meet/date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 01:39:59 GMT

   Okies the date has been set, Sunday 23rd of November, around 10:30am

   P.S. feel free to bring cold drinks and if someone could bring an eski

Yarghhhh! I just got off a plane from the USA about an hour ago and am in zombie city, but Nov 23 sounds cool.

Speaking of cool, I can bring an esky.

The good news is that I got to go to Legoland California last Friday. Woo hoo! The other good news is that I got to go the Lego Imagination Centre at Disneyland Downtown on Saturday. Not as much woo hoo as Legoland but their pick-a-brick range was different so worth visiting both as it turned out.

Indeed, as far as I can tell, “Imagination Centre” means “shop”. I could not see anything unusually imaginative about shelves of products and staff standing at the cash registers to take your money; it’s a fairly well-tested retail strategy.

The bad news is that my digital camera died inexplicably on me while away, so I had the choice of no Legoland photos or buying another camera so I bought the cheapest camera I could find (US$10 at Target in Anaheim, for the record) so I have no idea what the quality of the photos will be when I get them developed so I live in hope of having some happy snaps to show you.

I also bought some miscellaneous Lego merchandise (meaning non-brick products with the Lego brand name emblazoned on them despite no apparent connection to anything to do with Lego), so I will bring them along as well.

Kerry