 Local / Australia / 11333
Re: ebay -- why do I bother? and what should I do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
   Some months ago I listed a couple of items on ebay and continued my tradition of attracting some of the most moronic of buyers (who always seem to have been perfect customers for everyone else judging by their feedback). In one case, I spent two months not getting a response from the high bidders and finally gave up and went through all the ebay procedures to get whatever refund you get when the buyer never pays, left negative feedback etc.

So imagine my surprise when my high bidder now contacts me 2 months later to arrange payment. My feeling is that even though I still have the item and want to sell it, I fear that doing so would legitimise/encourage this kind of behaviour. Any opinions on my options?
  • sell it to them anyway
  • tell them to go and do something obscene
  • maintain a dignified silence
  • wait 2 more months and then reply asking if they want express post or

I’d go with Richard’s advice and take the cash... I wouldn’t be holding my breath for actually receiving the cash though!

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique