 Local / Australia / 113
Re: 2000 Star Wars in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:44:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Best kids brand by 2005 hah! not here...

My thoughts exactly. Even though all profits eventually get counted towards
TLC as a whole, I'm sure each regional business unit is under instruction to
record their own profits. I can't see LEGO Australia doing so with this kind
of price discrepancy, particularly with the pending formation of LEGO Direct,
and the fact that it is so easy these days to order stuff internationally.

When "The most powerful brand with kids by 2005" is given one shelf for
product display in a major retail store, you have to wonder what their
strategy is all about. Poor range and expensive prices? I'm no marketing guru
but I don't think that's the right approach. And apart from the latest Shell
LEGO promotion, when was the last time you saw LEGO advertised on TV?

Pete Callaway