 Local / Australia / 11194
Re: Big W Specials - Sat 12th to Fri 18th July
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:19:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Ishak wrote:
I only managed to find 30 alltogether, and that was from three stores. I was
told that most stores were only getting ten of the 4930 each. Crazy, however,
that you will find more than two hundred of each Alpha set. Just not right???!!!
Hopefully they will have more coming in on backorder. Doubt it>>>>>

Well the RRP of the rockraider/arctic/race sets was something like 4x the $3
they're going for now, so perhaps they're just 'loss leaders' (whereas the price
seems a lot more realistic for the alpha team sets).

The customer service person I talked to said they wouldn't be getting any more,
as it was a special (one-off) purchase.

Michael