 Local / Australia / 10879
Re: Custom Lego Mindstorms sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:40:10 GMT

If you have any other bright sensor ideas let me know. But before I • venture
into such a venture, I need a decent amount of interest so if you think
you'd be keen on buying custom Lego sensors then let me know and tell me
what type you'd want by emailing zac_soden@hotmail.com

Zac,

In my observation, one of the biggest users of Mindstorms in Australia is
the Robocup Junior, a schools competition (which appears to get quite
competitive at times). There are a lot of schools involved (more than it
appears as a lot of schools engage in it at school level but don't join the
official league to compete with others) and each school generally has a
number of teams of students working within it with a number of robotos, plus
the kids who can afford it have their own personal ones. Anyhow here is the

or closer to home (i.e. where I work):

http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~robocup/junior/

There is no restriction on the use of non-standard sensors (provided they
are equally available to all competitors or developed by the students
themselves) so I think this market would have a lot of potential for custom
Mindstorm sensors. I would suggest getting in touch with the organisers and
seeing if they will pass on your interest in custom sensors to the schools
involved.

Kerry