 Local / Australia / 10825
10824  |  10826
Subject:
Cheap accom in Sydney in June?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:17:02 GMT

I have just returned from visiting my brother in Sydney, who now lives in
Edgecliff (inner eastern suburbs). Given that accommodation in Sydney
usually costs a fortune, I noticed that the Lodge Motel next door to my
brother's home was displaying room rates of $75 including breakfast. While
nothing spectacular, it looked quite OK (from the outside and the glimpse I
could see into the rooms from next door). When I looked it up on the WWW, I
found even cheaper prices at the same motel of $A45 to $A70:

http://sydney.hotelguide.net/data/h100108.htm

Now, the location isn't near the meeting venue, but there is loads of public
transport options from there (train and bus). But my point isn't so much
"stay at the Lodge Motel" but to comment that accommodation in Sydney might
be cheaper than most of us think. Does anyone else have any suggestions for
any cheap *and* close accommodation?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond