 Local / Australia / 10811
Re: best source for Mindstorms books?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:35:52 GMT

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
news:HC8nII.HCC@lugnet.com...
Does anyone know where I can find some Mindstorms books here in australia?

There are not a lot of Mindstorms books on the shelves as a rule, but the
places I have sometimes seen them are:

Dick Smith, McGills, Dymocks

www.dse.com.au
www.mcgills.com.au
www.dymocks.com.au

There are some in our university library so my guess is that you find also
find them in other school/uni libraries if you just want to borrow them. I
have never found any in our local council library though, but may be worth a
try in your area.

If you know exactly what you want (browse Amazons to do that!), just go to
Dymocks (or probably others) and ask them to order it in. If you can be
patient for it to come in the next normal shipment (may be 6-8 weeks), there
is no extra charge for doing that. That is how I got mine. Incidentally I
noticed that when I picked up mine at Dymock's, there were some others on
the shelf. The woman in the store said that it was their policy (not sure if
she meant Dymocks or just that particular store) to order a few of any
special orders, on the grounds that if someone wanted it, so might someone
else.

Of course if money is no problem just order from Amazons.

Kerry