 Local / Australia / 10767
Re: MOC construction tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:48:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Aaron Coghill writes:
Hi everyone
I been around just been quiet.
I have just posted to brickshelf a piccy of one of my efforts. It is a steel
frame highrise construction project set in the upcoming BUGS (Brisbane Lego
Users Group) & BLTG (Brisbane Lego Train Group) display. The structure
currently stands at 700mm high and is built from loads of technic beams and
axles parts.

Also but not shown I am building a tower crane to accompany the building

Well I have one already if you want it 8?)
http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/citycrane

Just as a point of interest, most high rise buildings are constructed with a
solid concrete core, containing the liftwells and usually service rooms like
toilets etc, with the beam construction only used for the rest of the floor
area.

ROSCO