 Local / Australia / 10687
10686  |  10688
Subject:
Mugs meeting March 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:59:29 GMT

G'day all,

Sorry about the delay, but I've been suffering from selective amnesia, and
as such had forgotten to post :)

Anyway, as mentioned in the subject, our next gathering will be on the 2nd
of March at the Amaroo centre [as per posting by Ross Crawford.]. Unlike
past meetings, there will not be a specific theme as such for this meeting,
however or the building competition there will be :). First however, is the
important details:

Date: March 2, 2003
Time: 11:00 - 5:00 or so
Location: Amaroo Centre [corner Amaroo and Bolwarra Streets, Chadstone]
Theme: none in particular...Lego in general

With trades, reply to this with wants lists, and if you have something
someone wants, bring it along :)

Also, I think we really need to get this brik-wars battle out of the way :)
[500 points per army]

Having got that important information out of the way, I may as well mention
the competition.

The theme of the competition has been selected as being "micro-fig/nano-fig"
in honor of the release of the star-wars sets of this theme [including the
ISD], with a requirement that any models entered have not been shown
on-line, at meeting or entered in another competition. Other than that there
is no particular theme these models should fit into. [I must note that
working technic-style micro-fig models would be interesting :) ]

Important competition info:
Entries (no limit to the number of entries you can submit, though if there's
multiple prizes, they MAY be limited to one per person. This is still to be
decided, and suggestions either way are welcome.] must be at the venue and
set up by 1:00PM, with judging to commence roughly 5-10 minutes later
[method of judging to be decided prior to the meeting...email me if you'd
like to know in advance.]
Prize(s) for this competition are being gracioucly donated by Michael
Golaszewski of OZBRICKS fame, and will be known on the day.

If you have any coments/queries, feel free to email me, and if you know of
anyone who would be interested in attending, feel free to let them know.

Benjamin Whytcross
[b_whytcross@hotmail.com]