 Local / Australia / 10453
10452  |  10454
Subject:
2002 - My year in LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:20:27 GMT

Now that it's come to the end of the year (give or take about 10 1/2 hrs,
Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time), I thought I'd have a look back at
2002 in respect to the amount of LEGO I've bought, stuff I've built, and
other LEGO-related activities.

So, here's what I bought this year (in no particular order):

7139, 7140, 7201, 6032, 6095, 6290, 6292, 6820, 6835, 6836, 3033, 628, 4707,
8431, 1388, 1389, 1390, 1391, 1392, 1393, 8556, 3451.

I also built some stuff, most of which is in my Brickshelf folder,
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=madboy

AND, I joined MUGS, and began posting here, on LUGNET. (Also, I visited Myer
Melbourne's LEGO In Action Show, now showing in Myer's beautiful Mural Hall.
If you haven't seen it yet, and you'll be in Melbourne anytime in the next
couple of weeks, go there. It's great.)

So, 22 sets, 2 meetings and a handful of MOCs. A huge year for me. My plans
for next year include going to a few more MUGS meetings, and maybe the
international meet (LUGNETters of Australia, you have been warned!).

I also plan to spend a lot less on LEGO. I'm sorry if that's a shocking
notion to some, but I'm sure it's do-able. The sets I plan to buy at this
point are: The S-W Jabba sets, Escape from Privet Drive, any other sets
previously only 'S@H Exclusives' that I find in the shops, maybe another
3033 or two, I'll definitely have to buy something if there's a good sale on,...

Well, drat. There goes next year's income, too.

Happy New Year, everybody.