 Local / Australia / 10371
Re: Erickson S-64F Air-Crane Helitanker (was Re: Elvis lives)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:

Hmmmm... it's not really geared - there's just a flex tube running from the
main to the tail rotor. Although gearing would have been nice, I think that
the resulting bulk around the tail rotor might have been a bit too much.

That's an even better solution!

Yes. The real thing's gear looks a lot like techic axles too :-). Getting
the downward sloping beams from the main fuselage is the tricky bit. Angled
technic beams might work.... I'm also considering SNOT mounting some smaller
(4x4, 3x3) wings.

I used some angle connectors with the Technic axles and then attached some
plates on  the connectors. The axles are connected to the fuselage by another
connector (The fuselage had a 'spine' Technic beams, so I could theoretically
attach a cargo module using Technic pins)

Thanks again!

And post pics of your revisions!

Joe Meno