 Local / Australia / 10319
MOC: Maxi Powered Suit - QBK-01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:17:39 GMT

Hi all,

I'd like to present a little Mecha I built last week. It's my atempt at a
powered suit, but as it so often goes it grew slightly from it's original
concept and is almost a mecha (where is the distinction drawn between the
two exactly?).

It's a general purpose civilian suit that can be used for 'peace' keeping,
contstruction, exploration, or even military purposes, although there are
only nominal hard mounting points for that.

It's seen here in it's traditional blue/grey livery and weilding a 'minimal
intervention' broadsword and shield - purely for home defence you understand.

Contruction notes - Sometimes you have to compromise structural integrity
for the sake of achieving a look. It's fairly stable once posed, but the
legs fall off very easily.

The name QBK-01 came about because something about it reminds me of an
American football player. (quaterback - geddit?)

Anyway, on to the pictures. While I think deep linking makes a mockery of
Brickshelf's moderation system, these pics have actually passed moderation,
but when I checked them this morning they were far to large, so I scaled
them down a bit and reloaded them. Thus I don't feel too bad about
circumventing moderation - I can't wait another day :)

Folder (post moderation)
Pics
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/psuit/psuit1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/psuit/psuit2.jpg