 Local / Australia / 10271
Re: 10024Red Baron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 05:16:21 GMT

Thanks for the review, Richie.

Very good. While much more swooshable than the 'Camel (it's a bit more
compact, and a whole lot sturdier)

Here I would have to disagree. I don't find either of the Camel or the Baron to
be particularly sturdy and hence not particularly swooshable. The new struts on
the Baron seem to come apart as much as the Camel's did. Indeed, during
construction, the Baron's tri-wings were constantly collapsing, although once
completed, it became a little more robust, but still well short of swooshable.
Both sets looks good though (and the red-ness of the Baron makes it the
stand-out of the pair), and I figure the real planes were probably pretty
fragile as well, so arguably it's historically accurate for the Lego renditions
to be pretty flimsy as well.

Kerry