 Local / Australia / 1007
RE: .org.au.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:25:28 GMT

I'm still trying to work out the best way to initiate contact with this
person. Ideally, I'd like to have a set of 'aims' of LegOz to present to
them. [Eg..To increase awareness of, and interest in lego, to assist others
with their work/collection with lego, etc.]

This would mean a very big push would be needed from this end to get LegOz
going, and going strongly, as well as having a list of members/potential
members/international members, or at least a good idea of numbers [eg. not
saying we have between 10 and 100 members, or we have roughly 30
members..I'd suggest saying something like: we have x confirmed members, and
we believe there are a further y potential members [this includes people who
have enquired about the group, as well as those who know of the group, but
have not]. Along with this we have z international members who contribute in
the following ways....(could include helping us with sets/parts, provide us
with information about upcoming sets/releases, etc.) We could also mention
some of the other groups around the world that do a similar thing, on the
off chance that LA filters this information to TLG's reps in those
countries]

Another thing that would help is to break down the number of members by
state, or even location/post code?

The main problem I see is that if we start out too formal, it could work
against us, but so too could not be being formal enough...A very thin line
to tread.

One thing I'd like to do is to let LA know about LUGNET, especially the
.loc.au forum, and how they can contact us through this
[e-mail/newsgroup/web site]. This MAY help us, as it would let LA know about
our concerns, as well as giving LA a chance to better inform us about
matters that we care about [like how they decide which sets Australia will
get/when they are getting special sets in that must be ordered from LA
directly [eg. trains over christmas]/ The possibility of once again being
able to order parts from LA...]

Anyway, I'll let the group know what I intend to say before I say anything,
in order to get some form of approval of what I/we wish to say.

[I'll also let everyone know who I contacted, and what their position is
AFTER I contact this person [If I am given permission by them], so as to not
cause undue trouble with LA. Should this person not wish to know about us, I
will also post this information, as will I post any information I get in
return.]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)