 LEGOLAND / California / 745
Re: LEGOLAND California to break Guinness World Record for tallest LEGO tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:33:27 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Darrell Urbien wrote:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Adrian Egli wrote:

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/02/22/news/coastal/22105205011.txt

That link says it was completed MONDAY. Do you think they actually opened the
park later in the day, or do you think that's just when the press release went
out? If it's the former I'm really upset. It's one thing to spend hundreds of
dollars just to go down to Carlsbad and play with LEGO. It's quite another to
spend hundreds of dollars to go down Carlsbad, hang out in antique stores, and
NOT play with LEGO.

Does anyone know if the park could have re-opened after being closed due to
weather? It's (ahem) water under the bridge now, but would be good info for
future visits.

Darrell

I heard on tv the park would pull it down because of the windy conditions (I'm
guessing the tornado warning they issued had something to do with it).  I would
think they would put it back up later this week.

Around this time of year the park closes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (see sched
here:
http://www.lego.com/legoland/california/openingtimes/default.asp?locale=2057 )
The weather is supposed to get back to normal by Thursday anyhow.

Adr.