 LEGOLAND / California / 743
Re: LEGOLAND California to break Guinness World Record for tallest LEGO tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:55:17 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Darrell Urbien wrote:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
LEGOLAND® California to break Guinness World Record™ for Tallest LEGO® Tower
Theme park guests participate in record-setting event Presidents Day 2005

January 20, 2005 (Carlsbad, Calif.) – Thousands of children along with their
families will click together more than half-a-million LEGO® bricks at LEGOLAND®
California February 17-21, 2005, to break the Guinness World Record for the
tallest LEGO tower ever built!

Did anyone else try to make this event? I was pretty much underwater, but I
decided to try to head down anyway.. Drove all the way down Sunday (in pouring
rain). Checked into a hotel - went up early Monday in a light drizzle.. Only to
find the park closed. BUMMER. What also sucked was after about 12 or so there
was no rain at all - actually it was BEAUTIFUL! Of course the park probably sent
everyone home figuring no one would come out.

Anyone know if the tower was even attempted?

Darrell

I though about going up too but the weather was just so bad I said to myself
"Forget it."  A good note to pass is it was completed:

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/02/22/news/coastal/22105205011.txt

Adr.