 LEGOLAND / California / 365
364  |  366
Subject:
Went to LLC 12/30/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:21:22 GMT

Fairly busy crowd given the cloudy weather down there.  Rained hard on the
way back home even.  Went on one ride - the Technic coaster, which the
misses has never been on before.  Grabbed our free Holiday Duplo bricks and
had lunch in the Castle restaurant.  I got a kid's meal since they had new
holiday themed kid's cups.  Surprising since they stuck with the knight and
dragon cup for so long.  Now in the space of three months they've had the
halloween and holiday cups.  Aside from the three I just mentioned, were
there any other kid's cups that I'm missing?

They had all their holiday items at 50%.  So I ended up getting the three
piece Studio 56 line for about $50!  Misses got a 2001 LLC magnet, a pen, a
Christmas decoration, and some other junk.

The Emperor wanted more troops, so I got 46 Biker Scout sets at $4 each.
Apparently LLC had an employee-only sale were the damaged-box Biker Scout
sets were $1!  Oh to work at LLC!  Even if I took a pay cut, I'd be making a
lot of it back in employee discounts!  If only I could convince the misses
of my logic.

BTW, the 20% off for Primo card holders sale is over now I believe, so YMMV.

Also saw Brad Justus there with his family.  He was buying all sorts of
stuff.  Geez, you'd think the guy would be swimming in free Lego, but I
guess not.

Jimmy