 LEGOLAND / California / 327
326  |  328
Subject:
Went to LLC on 7/15
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:29:07 GMT

Okay, so I answered my own question eventually...

Nothing major deal-wise going on at this time. Rock Raiders stuff is set for
clearance at 30% off (nice chrome pieces, but good riddance imho). The park was
DRASTICALLY more empty than when we went back in December. They mention in
the promotional material that you can trade Kanohi masks with the staff, but
nearly everyone had the anti-freeze MIRU mask attached to their nameplate and
no one was willing to trade for it... "I don't think they'll let me..."

Also, the Maniac Clubhouse was where you were to take the "Scavenger Hunt"
results (kinda fun for my kids for the first few masks, but guessing the answer
to M _ _ _   _ _ _ (Mata Nui, duh) was not difficult for my 7 year old daughter
who had just discovered Bionicle. The MC's who received the entry forms gave
out EXACTLY ONE anti-freeze MIRU for each form. I pleaded, begged, offered to
trade, etc. Again, so much for "Trading with employees..."

The Technic Coaster looked cool, kind of a smooth, Mad Cat style rollercoaster,
but made out of steel, so it was smoother. I couldn't go, because my 4 year old
son didn't like the "sound" of it.

Back to the Kanohi, the masks were marked at US$1.95, 5 cents off of the S@H
price, and a full dollar off of the price I've seen everywhere else, even less
if you have a discount. I don't, but I still got about 14 of them. I saw a
gorgeous acrylic display case in the Maniac Clubhouse (two of them, in fact) of
the WHOLE collection of basic 72 masks, with very nice etched lettering, etc.
Not shown were the Silver, Gold, infected, or other odd ones like the
anti-freeze MIRU that was being given away.

Strangely, I also didn't see the Bionicle music CD with silver mask anywhere in
the park. I was hoping to get a bit of a discount on that from TRU. Oh well.
The bulk brick sales had been moved from the front of the model shop to the
Maniac Clubhouse as well.

Also, unrelated, I found out that you can bring back the free refill cup as
many times as you want, forever! I thought that the US$9.95 price was great for
free refills anyway, but if I'd have known I could bring it back, I would have
saved even more money. Oh well, I'll bring both next time I go back, probably
in November or so, after it cools off.

- Sean