 LEGOLAND / California / 199
Re: Trip report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Todd Lehman writes:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:13:32 GMT, Ed McGlynn writes:
[...]
I made a point to save a bunch of new dollar coins to pay for the parking
fee just to freak out the MC tending the gate that day, and it did.  Yippee
for me.  But, the MC (Model Citizen) enjoyed the prank after a short study
of the new coins, smiled, and in we went right at 10:00 am.  [...]

Great report, Ed!  Can't wait to see your pictures.  I've seen a lot of LL
virtually but I hear it's still 100 times better in person (haven't been
there yet).  What is the Model Citizen?  Is that the person-in-a-giant-
minifig-suit that walks around?

--Todd

Oops - I should have been clearer here...  Since LEGOLAND employs Model
Citizens, akin to Wal-Mart Associates, I referred to the good natured woman
at the entrance gate to the parking lot as an MC.  You see lots of signs
around the park for "MCs Only" which are access gates to rides, backs of
shops, employee entrances, etc. so I have the vocabulary down now.

Oh, man - yeah, it's 100 times better in person.  That's why I was so
surprised when I saw Miniland.  I thought I was prepared by reviewing
pictures here and such, but there's still lots of room for personal
interpretation and enjoyment.  Please set aside some browse time during your
upcoming nuptual event there...

...a few pics are forthcoming...
Ed