 LEGOLAND / Billund / 61
Re: My impressions of Legoland Hotel, Billund (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 05:33:14 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.billund, Cary Clark writes:

Hi Cary.
I and my wife have been to the Legoland Billund and the Legoland hotel
through 9th to 10th of August.
I was unable to read any informations before I leave Japan but I don't care
about it.

We arrived Copenhagen at the 8th and stayed there that night. Next day we
went on board 8:05AM flight to Billund by MAERSK AIR. It arrived at Billund
befor 9:00AM. And then took a shuttle bus to Legoland hotel.

As we didn't want to be bothered with suitcases, we asked the hotel if they
could keep them until we check in. The lady in fromt promised to carry them
up to the room where we reserved.

Nor were there any LEGO products in the hotel room

The image on the official website had a playtable in the room but our room
didin't. Maybe they are family or suite rooms that come with Lego bricks.
The room looked very simple and modern.
I was very impressed that the room had a television set made by BANG &
OLFSEN, whick is a very high-classed (and very very expensive) audio
equipment maker known for its sleek designs. B & O is also a worldwide brand
based in Denmark, just as Lego.

The rooms are split by theme into Castle, Pirate, Paradisa, and so on.
it's a nice device that may help young visitors find their room.

We stayed in a City "winch (#73037)" room which was a double bedded room. It
seemed that rooms located just aside the Legoland have the StarWars theme rooms.
I agree that this is a clever and neat signs to show in this hotel. As kids
are already familiar with those parts, they will instantly memorize the room
to stay.
But sometimes they might claim "Why didn't you keep the Skeleton room? I
don't like this Paradisa parts!" :-)

During a swank dinner at the restaurant, one child ran around blowing out the candles on all of the tables. And no one cared.

The buffet looked very suited for kids as it had many playthings around to
make them not bored untill the food is ready. It really is a paradise for kids!

There are places to build Scala, Belville, Duplo, basic bricks.

I've made a duck out of Duplo bricks at the playroom in the ground floor. I
hope it is still in shape :-)
There was also billiard and table-tennis for adults to enjoy.

The Lego products sold at the hotel seemed not quite interesting except some
overstocks (or retured from the stores because of the damages on the
package) priced red tag.
I found some "Kabaya Lego Technic" only with the pack and not in a box.

I must inform that the hotel nor the Legoland cannot help sending something
you bought to somewhere except the postcards. So watch out if you are
thinking to send through postal service. You must go to the post office at
the center of the town of Billund if you need to.

I hope this report helps a bit.

Ken Takeuchi as Ken-Tucky