 LEGOLAND / 375 (-20)
  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

City council results: NO, but fix the plan and come back. From the article: Among the problems: The proposal does not include a guaranteed revenue stream to pay for $64.3 million in bonds developers want the city to issue; public participation would (...) (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) I agree with you, but as long as Legoland is not owned by Lego, it is an amusement park like any other, and developers are going to use it as the draw for retail, hotels, other tourism, etc. and since it will increace the tax base enormously, (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

My whole take on this is that it is NOT Lego driven, but developer driven. If it goes thru, then the taxpayers of Kansas will be paying for this. But if it fails in the end, it could affect the reputation of Lego... the product. I am leary about (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

Legoland KC is supposed to be presented to the Olathe City council tonight. It looks good except the current plan has tax payers paying 2/3 the cost. I don't think people will be real excited about putting up this amount. This has been discussed on (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  What REALLY happens in the Sarlaac pit!!!

Hey all! I guess this answers the age old question of what happend to Boba Fett when he got eaten by the Sarlaac! Saw this posted earlier, but thought I would re-post it to make it a bit more easy to find! This was well after my time at Legoland, so (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) The glory of fast-passes fix that for the more popular rides such as SM ;) But the rides at LLCA move slowww...www. They have very low per-hour capacity that brings everything to a very slow crawl. And it is only worse when LLCA cuts down on (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) Standing in line is not my idea of a fun vacation - especially with short attention span 4-12 year olds. If Legoland purposely cuts off attendance each day to insure small lines, charge a high gate fee, and can still make a profit, I think (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(...) I think there is a good chance for it to succeed in the Kansas City area. If your target attendance is 1.4M a year (which the other 4 Legoland parks average), that is well within the realm of reason if you include everything within a day's (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009

(crossposting to .legoland) (...) To re-state what I posted on BL: I think these "tourism experts" need to find new jobs lol. LLCA has trouble getting people from as close as LA and SD to go to the park. The only reason out of towners go there is (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland)

  LEGOLAND California Model Builder Search 2006!

I am privileged to officially announce the LEGOLAND California Model Builder Search 2006! (3 URLs) For Immediate Release Contact: Julie Estrada (760)918-5377 news@legoland.com LEGOLAND® CALIFORNIA EXPANSION CREATES OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME National (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, FTX) !!

  Which European Legoland parks?

Hello, My family and I will be visiting Europe next spring. We have the option of going to any of the 3 European Legoland parks or perhaps even to 2 or all 3 of them. Of the 3, which is, in your opinion, the best; and are they different enough to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.legoland)

  Re: LEGO Inside Tour

(...) Todd, The LEGO Fan tour descriptions are great! Thanks for all the effort writing those so the rest of us could glimpse the LIT. I've also been looking through the terrific BrickShelf folders. Unless I missed it, I didn't see photos of the LIT (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.billund)

  LEGO Inside Tour

I was looking for postings to LUGNET about the LEGO Inside Tour and have found nothing. So, I decided to post a few details and send you off to previous posts at LEGO Fan.org. First, I attended the first LEGO Inside Tour on May 26, 27, and 28 of (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.billund)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

In lugnet.mediawatch, Larry Pieniazek wrote: Snip (...) I think it could be extremely shrewd. The parks will always have to rely on the company for bricks and sets to sell. For example in Saint Louis, Anheuser-Busch used to own the baseball stadium (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

(...) Faced with a loss, tactical managers keep doing what they were doing but sell off valuable/strategic assets (or lay off key people) in order to raise cash to keep afloat a while longer and avoid the day of reckoning. Faced with a loss, (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

(...) Last year 2004, LEGO had a net loss of about $335 million That might have something to do with it. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

(...) Ok, replying to my own post...here are some more reasons TLG might want to raise cash (all purely speculative, of course): They are going to attempt to *buy* MegaBloks KKK and family is seeking an early retirement Realizing Galidor failed (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

In lugnet.mediawatch, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) As long as we are in a speculative mood...why does TLG want to raise money. Are they contemplating opening a factory in China? Is $450M+ enough to do this? Oh, I know...they need the cash to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote: (snip) (...) Jake said the key word is "speculated"... to me, the key word is "head scratcher" (well that's two words)! I still don't see why LEGO want to do this, the amount of money they get back seems a (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks

(...) Just a short note... I am just reading the information based on wired services and other news outlets online. And yes the information is "speculated" not true information. (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact