 LEGOLAND / 256
Re: Hotels near Legoland Germany?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:55:03 GMT

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message
news:HDs1nM.10B8@lugnet.com...
LEGO's website for Legoland Germany is decidedly less than useful as far • as
accomodations goes. There's a nice link on the main page ("Accommodation")
that would seem to suggest it will show you places that you could stay.
Unfortunately instead it just tries to sell you package tours, and doesn't
provide any useful information at all.

Does anyone know of any good hotels in the general vicinity of Legoland
Deutschland?

When I went last year I stayed at

http://www.besthotel.de/en2/indexen.htm

The hotel itself and child-friendly facilities are excellent, but the
location, on the edge of a small village next to the main autobahn is less
so. It wasn't noisy, it just didn't have a plesant ambiance. If you're only
going for a few nights that doesn't really matter. It also didn't have a
restaurant (it only did breakfast) so you had to eat out in the eateries
across the road which catered mainly for passing motorway traffic. Again,
there was nothing wrong with them, and we found a nice Italian one, but the
location was not ideal. It's about 20 minutes down the main road to LEGOLAND
from the hotel.

If I was staying for longer, I think I would stay the Hotel Mercure which is
actually in Günzburg. It looked nice from the outside and was situated in
the middle of the town, which itself is very nice, so the choice of
restaurants etc. will of course be better. You could possibly get away
without having a car if you stayed here, I think they run buses from
Gunzburg to the park.

Hope that helps, if you need more info, LMK.

Huw