 LEGOLAND / 244
Re: Legoland Billund - 1968 / Archival Film!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:49:27 GMT

Ooops... One more thing... Here is a description from the site of what you
can expect to see in the short film.

Enjoy!
-Tommy

Synopsis copied from BritishPathe.com>>>

----------
At Billund in the farmlands of Jutland we see several shots of the making of
Legoland - a theme park made from Lego bricks; men saw wood and check
layouts / designs on drawing boards. A girl puts together a small Lego
building; small Lego figures are seen. Two men work on a miniature Lego
town; the girl fits Lego figures into a miniature rural English town.
Various shots of people visiting the finished Legoland, wandering about and
looking at the models. We see several modern and futuristic buildings as
well as a castle, windmill and more traditional scenes. Children look at
Lego boats on a little pond. Families take a ride around the theme park on a
huge Lego train.

Large Lego totem poles are seen in an American Indian scene; a man (Big
Chief Eye-Am) in Indian Chief costume shows children how to toast bread
rolls (?) over a camp fire. Several shots in another part of the park show
children sitting in small Lego cars and learning how to drive these
dynamo-powered automobile; other children ride bicycles. The children are
taught to obey road signs and traffic lights and a controller speaks into a
microphone to direct the children around the course. Bikes and cars stop at
a zebra crossing to let people walk across. The children all look very
well-behaved! Commentator says "Danish schools are already sending classes
for regular tuition on this pint-sized traffic complex". Looks like great
fun - I'd like to learn to drive here!