 LEGOLAND / 243
242  |  244
Subject:
Legoland Billund - 1968 / Archival Film!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:45:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Gang!

MY GOODNESS! I found a real gem here!

While I was doing some research I stumbled across this new site (New since
November) of archival newsreels from "British Pathe". They posted some 3500
hours of old newsreel footage, spanning from... get this... 1896 to 1970!!!

Well, of course I HAD to search and see if they had anything Lego related.....

I was delighted to find a 6 minute 30 second newsreel on Denmark, with 5 of
the 6 and a half minutes devoted to the original LEGOLAND!!! (You have to
fast forward to about 1:30 to get to the Lego stuff...)

This is footage that shows Legoland Billund in 1968 (according to the site),
as it is recieving it's finishing touches before opening. There is a news
man narrating the piece, and this really charming/goofy background music
playing along.

Anyway, the FREE clip is about 6.3 MB and unfortunately is only a WMV
file... (Alas, no Quicktime... but beggars can't be choosers...)

They have various resolutions available, but the low-res is the only one
that's FREE. Here's where to go:

https://www.britishpathe.com/index.cfm

Do a search on "Lego", or more specifically "Legoland". You should get three
matches in the search results. Select the one titled "The Land of Fairy
Tales" and start downloading!!! (But first you will be prompted for name,
email, address etc... and then you will get a direct link to the video)

It's kind of a pain to have to fill out the info, but believe me, it is
WORTH it. I might even pay for a higher resolution version just to have on
my hard drive...

Anyway, enjoy this old footage of the infancy of our favorite "system of
play themepark"......

Take care-
-Tommy
"Cogito Ergo Lego"