 LEGOLAND / 197
Re: Suggestions???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, John Heins writes:
We'll have our 9 and 5 year olds at Legoland in July.  Any
suggestions/recommendations for the trip???   I figure that I'll UPS the
bulk brick purchases home (lol) but any other suggestions?

I've taken my two boys twice (at ages 3 and 5 and then a couple of months ago
at ages 5 and 7).  Their favorite attraction both times was the driving school.
If you are driving I would suggest bringing a cooler because food is pretty
expensive and it's not THAT far a walk to the parking lot (but then, I'm kinda
cheap!).  Also it will probably be cool in the morning but warm in the
afternoon.

My favorite area was Miniland (surprise!), and I used several rolls of film
taking pictures the first time I went.  The trouble was that when I got the
pictures developed no one could see any brick detail and some people found it
hard to believe everything was built out of LEGO (I used my Yashica T4 point
and shoot).  So I would suggest bringing a camera with a good zoom or close-up
capability, because I sure regret not knowing exactly what elements were
used and the details of how a lot of the structures were built!

Oh, and don't forget the sunscreen (they sell it at the park in case you do)!

Maggie C.