 LEGOLAND / 18
Re: My visit was great!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:16:07 GMT

Well, I thought it was ok, especially since we got there early.  Kids
tend to tire out by afternoon so later in the day it quieted down some.
The evenings weren't packed at all.

It certainly wasn't like Disneyland or Great America by any means...

Carrie

In lugnet.legoland, Ashley Glennon writes:
How were the crowds on your recent visit?  I am hearing numerous, conflicting
stories on park attendance.
Ashley

In lugnet.legoland, Carrie Whitcher writes:
And I thought 8 rolls of film would be plenty...Wow!!

Even my NLSO got caught up in the models, rides, etc.  Here are some
tips for those of you planning a trip to S. Cal. Legoland:

1.  Get there early.  The park opened at 9am, parking cost $6 in
addition to the entrance fees of $32/adult.  (We don't have any kids).
We used the Triple A card and saved 10% off the entrance fees.

2.  If you want to buy any souveniers (-5 spelling) get them early and
stash them in your car.  The stores fill up fast with kids and things
might be wiped out.  Check back because I got some older ('92) castle
polybags that weren't there before.

3.  Get stamped for in and out priviledges.

4.  Small water bottles cost $2 ea. and large ones cost $3, bring in
your own water in a backpack or fanny pack to save $$$.  Ice chests are
not allowed.

5.  Food and snacks are readily available and we ate hamburgers, fries
and cokes at the castle area by the Dragon Roller Coaster (which I went
on 2x BTW and I'm scared to death of roller coasters).  The lunch deal
cost about $6 but there was plenty to eat!  Tasted good too...

6.  Remember that this park is designed for families with kids aging 4-10
years old.  Strollers will be parked everywhere and most of the rides
are for small children.  Take every opportunity to ride every ride
that adults can go on.

7.  Find the signs to the restrooms...I'll leave it at that!  The restrooms
are the cleanest ones I have ever seen...

8.  The master builders went on lunch break at noon and were gone
for over an hour.

9.  Stay until dark or come back because you will want to see Darth
Vader at night.  Bring your camera!!!

10.  Overnight camping in some malls is illegal in Carlsbad (we found out
the hard way by getting awakened by police at 1:30am) so watch where
you park if you are in an RV.  We didn't have any trouble at Marie
Calendar's restaurant south of LL.

11.  Island's restaurant just south of LL has the best desserts!

Well, that does it for right now.  LMK if I can answer any specific
questions you might have.  There were no 9v train items in the LL
stores but there were Duplo train items.

Carrie