 LEGOLAND / 112
Re: FBTB Coverage of Galactic Challenge Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 06:46:12 GMT

The models and the features the kids put
on them were wonderful.  Everyone there should be
very proud. (Go Hungary! Whoo Hoo!)

I have to say, though, I am very disappointed in the
building materials they were given.  Think a minute:
you assemble the most promising kids from around the
world for the STAR WARS GALACTIC CHALLENGE, and what
you you give them to build with?  Giant ramped road
plates, soccer field squares, and light and sound
big-ugly-bricks from the shuttle! Who the heck could
build anything from that lot?

Now, give them each an x-wing, sith interceptor or two,
rock raider ship, and a polar base, and you might get
something interesting.  Really now, the only starwars
set I saw was a pod-racer bucket.  Who was in charge of
that?

-gyug

In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey!
Tim Saupe -- From Bricks to Bothans -- asked me to post some information on
coverage they're doing of the Galactic Challenge contest that was held on
Friday.  Here's the link:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/gc/

The winners were David Michon (US) in the 5-10 age category, and Peter Nagy
(Hungary) in the 11-16 category.  Congratulations guys!!
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne