 Star Wars / 9068
Re: FBTB Coverage of Galactic Challenge Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:25:23 GMT

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
news:B5F4CE0E.46FC%sandlin@nwlink.com...
From: "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> • <snip>
The winners were David Michon (US) in the 5-10 age category
</snip>

What a surprise. I don't doubt the kid's abilities, but don't you think • it's
getting a bit old that a Michon wins  every contest?

Though it does seem a bit old hat -- I spoke with the family last night on
the phone and during the conversation I asked about the judges.  They said
that they did not recognize a single one of them, and that perhaps one was
even from Lucasfilm.  I don't think this contest was influenced by the past
success of Thomas, from what I've been told.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne