 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 825
Re: Website has problems, too TIME consuming for mom's, Catalog beef!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:23:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:
Catalog Beef

After several tries we are STILL waiting for a Fall Lego catalog! I would
think with the amount of money our household spends at S@H we would at least
get a catalog sent to us. The last time I called S@H, the gal stated that I
would have to wait four more days (after two weeks of waiting) to see if the
catalog showed up and if it didn't then I could call back. Excuse ME??? What
kind of service is this? I called back an hour later and the next gal said I
could wait, however if I wanted they could send me another one out. What is
a GIRL to do to get a catalog, oh right this is LEGO, girls don't count.
Excuse me I am a little miffed.

Website Problems

<snipped> because I don't even have time to bother with the website after all
the problems I've been hearing about

I know that I won't get any response, I'm not looking for any. I have never
had any response when I have asked for it, like on the parts database. I
know what people on LUGNET are doing. I want to know WHAT IS THE OFFICIAL
WORD FROM LEGO!!! I'm beginning to think that you have to be 1) MALE to get
a response or 2) post a belligerent message. Please don't prove me right.

Rose

A 37 year old mother that Loves LEGO

I'm glad you wrote this message.  I would find it hard to believe that LEGO
doesn't realize that MOMS are the primary purchasers of their product.  My
feeling is that the men who run the company can sometimes be insensitive to the
fact that we do not like to be slighted-- it is bad enough that we have to put
up with substandard treatment in other areas (for instance if we take the car
in for service).  In addition, moms who visit their website tend to have a
higher disposable income than those who don't.  And moms over 35 tend to have
SUBSTANTIALLY greater economic clout because we worked hard and built up our
IRA's and 401K's during our twenties instead of blowing it all on disposable
diapers.  And when we wait till our thirties to have kids, chances are we want
the best for them (no clones for MY babies!). And LEGO should realize that
over 35 moms who are AFOL's are probably their most valuable customers of all!

If you are like me, it's probably not in your nature to be as belligerent or
caustic as some of the males who post around here.  Maybe someone will get the
message if we politely voice our complaints through channels such as these.  If
not, we can always "vote with our pocketbooks."

Maggie C.

P.S. While it may seem we don't get as good service through S@H or Customer
Service, I think being a woman has it's advantages when shopping at a retail
store-- especially during clearances. I think most men wouldn't dare ask for
some of the discounts I've asked for (and I get them maybe half the time I
ask).