 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6093
Re: Which color 1x4 arches were included in the 500-piece bonus tubs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:
I am in a quandary here, as I have two possible color choices for the 3659
pink arches that are in the 4679's 500-piece bonus tub.  However, peeron
lists two quite similar sets which have very similarly colored pink arches
in them.  Can anyone from LEGO give a definitive answer on which set overrun
this particular piece came from?

According to peeron the choices are:

For the light pink color, if they are that color:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4518-1 - an unlisted extra piece in a creator
set.

Or they came in this set:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/5873-1 - a Netherlands promo Belville set.

I sure hope someone at LEGO can shed light on this subject, as I can't tell
which shade of pink it is that I have!  I can only say for sure it is not
Paradisa Pink - it's darker than that pink, at any rate.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Hi Geoffrey,

The arches from that box are the same pink as the ones from 5873. If you list
them on BrickLink, list them under Pink.  And if you got any of them list the
new brighter pink 2 x 4 bricks under Bright Light Pink.

For the different colors of pink to list from the 500 piece bonus boxes please
refer to the following post:

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=69935

Bright Light Pink has been added to the BL catalog.  Please do not list
any parts under Light Pink.  At the moment pink parts from 1992-2003 are
all listed under Pink.  (So at the moment, the peachier pink of the early 90's
is not distinguished from the less peachy pink of the mid-90's to 2003.)  We are
working on a suitable way to distinguish the two colors.  HTH,

Maggie C.
A BrickLink Catalog Admin