 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 574
573  |  575
Subject:
Legal Comedy (was Re: 2001 Set info)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:22:32 GMT

Dramatis Personae:

Our presiding villain -- Todd.  The man who is sticking to his TOS and
crumpling under threats of bad legal juju. Lover of the brick.

Our heroes -- posters of leaked information.  More than one and also lovers of
the mighty brick.

Annoying Schmucks -- TLC. Makers of that hoodoo that we all love so well.
Lovers of gold that wouldn't know a cool brick if it smacked them between the
eyes.  Apparently unable to keep the good stuff under wraps until they are
ready to release the information properly themselves.  They think that the
term firewall is a cool word used exclusively by firefighters. Can't catch a
clue and maybe never will.

The Argument:

Don't post leaks here.  Do it anonymously on RTL.  Heck you can even talk
about it and point it out to people here on Lugnet afterwards -- just don't
post the source material on Lugnet where Todd will feel obliged to get quasi-
litigious with you.

Lugnet is where we all like to talk about lego, but it has its rules however
ridiculous some of them may seem to many of us AFOLs.  But the rules are
enforced and that's that.  Heck, I myself have been given the temporary boot
before for things not to be mentioned and in violation of the TOS (or at least
our presiding villain's interpretation of the TOS).

Everyone likes Todd (the villain turns out to be one of the good guys
temporarily stuck between a rock and hard place).  Our heroes fade into
anonymity, as it should always have been (the gathered crowd cheers).
Everyone likes bricks (the townsfolk rejoice).  TLC we aren't so sure about
(everyone scratches their heads in the face of senility).

And a grand time was had by all.

Curtain.

I don't actually want to spoil anyone's fun, and I have found some of the
comments made very interesting, but the whole game has become one of shooting
fish in a barrel hasn't it?

-- Richard (your humble narrator)