 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5473
5472  |  5474
Subject:
Product Cycles (was Re: 2x4 Dark Gray Bricks Discontinued??)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 01:18:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
[snip]
I miss the old days when the same Lego sets could be found at retail for • as
much as 4 years giving ample opportunity to purchase them.  Those days • will
never come back, but I can dream, can't I ??

__Kevin Salm__

Although this tpoic has been well covered in the past, every so often it is
good to raise again just to remind LEGO that the shorter product cycle may
not be as beneficial financially than expected.  There have been sets in the
past that I have thought about purchasing but disappeared before I got
around to it.  There have also been sets that I have purchased one or two of
but then wanted more but could not get them (ex. Snowspeeder - I got 5 but
would like about 5 more).  I am probably safe in guessing that I am not
alone here.

I realize that companies think that they always need to be coming out with
something new.   I do not disagree with that in general but, OTOH, a company
needs to allow sufficient exposure to its product in order to build up a
customer base.

Tim