 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5469
Re: 2x4 Dark Gray Bricks Discontinued??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:54:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Adrian Egli writes:
I just came back from a little vacation and decided it was a good time to
get building again.  I'm going through my bricks and discover I'm short of
2x4 dark gray.  The SAH site says "sold out" but as a just-in-case, I call
up just to make sure.

OK, so they were sold out.  I then asked when SAH would be getting more of
the dark gray 2x4s and was told they have been discontinued.  Please tell me
I'm just being misinformed.
--

I was just talking with someone about this very thing yesterday.  This item has
been listed as "sold out" for a few weeks now.  It is my hope that this item

On a similar note, I have what could be Good News:
I recently received an order which contained several packs of Light Gray
2 x 4 bricks.  The packaging for those has changed from a sticker on a generic
bag to a bag with the SKU info, etc, PRINTED on the bag.  I hope I can assume
that this means this item will have a long life and will be available for a
long time to come.  It just would seem to me that the added cost to produce a
Printed bag would only be justified for a product that will be around for a
while.

In the times we live in now where certain retailers move product so fast
through their life cycle it can be comforting to know that we can count on
LegoDirect and Shop At Home to stock items for a longer period.  Until the time
comes that all Lego fans have unlimited buying power, short lived product
cycles means that we cannot possibly acquire all the items we want through
normal retail channels.

I miss the old days when the same Lego sets could be found at retail for as
much as 4 years giving ample opportunity to purchase them.  Those days will
never come back, but I can dream, can't I ??

__Kevin Salm__