 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5461
Re: What the?! Where are the catalogs??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lou Zucaro writes:
Ok, just curious, why don't any of the Orient Expedition sets include
catalogs? I got three of them today and NOTHING. Is this LEGO being cheap or
is there some kind of logic behind not putting catalogs in the boxes?

Can't help, but I can add: one 2003 Star Wars set I got come with 2002 catalog
(the second version), the other had none.  I was wondering if this had
something to do with a desire to keep 2003 sets more-under-wraps (esp. by not
releasing the catalog in 2002 sets back in October).

I've been pretty disappointed with the in-box catalogs for a couple years; they
used to be fairly comprehensive references, but with the proliferation of
retailer exclusives and HTO sets, they are not as useful as they used to be.

Kevin