 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5383
Re: Black roof slope pack 10053
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:11:11 GMT

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message
news:H5qFsM.5B8@lugnet.com...
Kevin Loch wrote in message ...
And gray fence elements!
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=10050

This one has been available for a few weeks and has a great selection,
though you need to buy several packs to get enough of the sparser ones.

And and unbelievable black slope brick assortment:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=10053

The pic for this is weird. It shows a slope 45 inverted 2x2 and describes • it
as "2x2 25 degree ridged tile". The "2x4 25 degree ridged tile" in the • same
pack is a 2x4 low slope roof peak, so I would have expected a piece with • the
other description to be a 2x2 peak also. Has anyone bought this pack yet • who
can tell us which this piece is? Lego doesn't have a good record on • matching
the right picture to the item :-(

Kevin

[ ... snipped ... ]

There are three new bulk packs that together offer a great selection of low
slopes in black, particularly the corner slopes.

http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE09/LEGO-US-2057/Set192x144us010053.
jpg
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE09/LEGO-US-2057/Set192x144us010054.
jpg
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE09/LEGO-US-2057/Set192x144us010055.
jpg

The inclusion of the 2x2 inverse slope in 10053 is odd, the missing 2x2 low
slope apex probably would make more sense.  I wish the ratio of 2x3 slopes
(44) to 3x4 slopes (24) in 10054 was heaver on the 3x4 slopes but that is a
minor nit.  I am happy to see these three options available and the S@H team
is probably sick of me calling them every few days to see if I could order
them yet.

I have a project that needed a bunch of 3x4 black low slopes - fortunately
Cary Clark loaned me some so I could finish it.  My cart is teed up waiting
for 10054 to make an appearance before I hit the "complete order" button!

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com
10053 and 10055 are available now, I would expect 10054 would be available
soon.