 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5368
5367  |  5369
Subject:
Other related products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:46:49 GMT

Maybe I just don't have enough to do in my life but I am constantly nagged by
this question ...

What criteria is used to determine the "Other related products" on a product
page on S@H?

It's not a fixed set of 3 items as it changes if you force a true refresh of
the page (as distinct from a redisplay of the current page). However, the
choice of items depicted seems sometimes quite sensible, but at other times the
selection is quite bizarre.

For example, the product 3439 Spy Runner (a City themed plane) is currently
showing me the following related products:
* Ultimate Lego book
* Statue of Liberty
* Pizza To Go

but I am at loss to work out why they might be related.

Maybe the other related products is just a way to promote random other sets,
perhaps the ones not selling well?

Or is there some other method to this madness?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond