 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5319 (-10)
  Re: Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

(...) The individual set #'s are as follows: Santa Claus - 10068 Tree - 10069 Reindeer - 10070 I poked around the LEGO.com site for a bit, but can't seem to find them. Using an item # search the site tells me that they are "not available in this (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

I ment that I called up LEGO and they sent me a whole new set of wheels. THey had no problem with it. After replacing the old SF wheels with the new, I looked at what would cause the high friction. It looks like the outer most diamater of the wheel (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Yet more new slopes appearing in 2003 SW?

Maybe our clamoring for split slopes finally sunk in? ;-) Now all they need to do is make split versions of all the train slopes, and John Neal's head will explode over all the new 8/10/14/20-wide possibilities ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

Allan, What are the set #s of the individual sculptures? I'd like to look at them online. Try Kxxxx, where xxxx is the set # for each of the sculptures - odds are that one of those will work to pull up the entire set (like KS1256 is the complete set (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Any one else order this

Hi, I for one appreciate that these sets were made available at Shop@Home. I live in Canada and was never able to take advantage of them as a promo. Shell in Canada never did not carry these. Buying them on Ebay would have been hit or miss, most (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

When you say you replaced the wheels, are you referring to the whole kit 'n caboodle or just the axle? -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Jake/LD, It should be easy for LD to check who they sold problem batches to as most of them will have been sold by via mail order(?). I wonder if this can be sorted that way? ;) Scott A (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: testing wheelsets (was: something else...)

(...) And I was just going to suggest the 'flick' test... <grin> How about something simple like a couple of pieces of straight track, with some bracing so they fairly solid? Put two wheels together, put them on one end of the jig, and raise that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) (the old saying: "If you want it done right, do it yourself"... springs to mind. This of course conflicts with "do what you do well, and let others do the rest") (...) Thanks for the update on this. I hope it turns out to be easy to resolve! (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) This is absolutely not true. These sets are very much meant to be run. They were never intended to be "display only" models. Whoever he talked to was misinformed. (...) this is the first that we have heard about it having problems. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact