 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5214 (-5)
  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) Can we be sure trains are a "money-making theme" in the longer-term? The fact that much of the newer offerings can only really be had via S@H and that these sets contain no real new parts makes me wonder what the long term plans for trains (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) And that is your opinion. The rumor was a change to the track, not the discontinuation of the entire line. It could happen. Suppose LEGO came out with a 9V multi-channel IR controlled train motor (Manas? Spybotics?) that didn't require powered (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

I don't think LEGO® would leave a money-making theme such as trains hang high and dry, it would be foolish...especially after almost 40 years of continuous train production. This is nothing more than a vicious, nasty rumour. -Harvey (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Blacktron Base ?

Will be the 6987 back one day ? ;) Thanx TLG. Rene (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Maybe this is part of the answer? (Clipped from the Lego website) "Rounded castle wall pieces and “timber frame” wall pieces give it a unique look!" (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact