 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5177
Re: Bulk Lego for sale in Koln, Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:52:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It looks like  bulk bricks are part of the new Lego retail stores that are
opening in test markets.

Here is a press release from October 1:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=478

And check out this officially released photo:
http://www.lego.com/info/images/legoman.jpg

The bulk bricks are clearly visable on the left hand side of the photo.

I'm glad to see the bulk bricks are part of the retail product mix and I
wish Lego the best of success with these stores.

I'm sure we will be seeing them soon in the United States.

Bryan

"Aaron J. Muhl" <aaron_muhl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
All,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this message.  I'm not • really
sure what newsgroup this fits with.  Anyway.....

For those of you that know German, check out the message string Lego Store
Koeln:

http://www.1000steine.de/forum/

It basically says there is a new Lego store there that offers bulk pieces.
When you first walk in there is a whole wall full of circular clear • plastic
bins full of different colored pieces:

http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/usergallery?&page=3

The first and second photos show the bins best.  In the first picture you
may notice the plastic cups.  These show up better in this picture:

http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/usergallery/ahc

One cup costs 14.99 Euro, the other 7.99 Euro.  Bulk Lego!  This looks • very
cool!  Too bad there aren't any stores like this in the Bay Area.....

-Aaron