 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5046
Re: How do you spell Infomaniac?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:43:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Clark Stephens writes:
There is a character in the new stunts sets, I think he is the news reporter.

His name is spelled Informaniac on the SAH site:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=6740

and spelled Infomaniac (no R) on the lego.com site:
http://www.lego.com/eng/island/products/default.asp?ProductNo=10

Personally I like the R better, it's more of a play on his job.
The second sounds like a brick trivia collector I know.

I am curious which is the 'official' Lego spelling.

Hi Clark,

In the original Lego Island PC game, he was the Infomaniac without the R.
I suspect either the person who did the 6740 writeup made a mistake, or
(and this would be another terrible example of TLC caving in to pressure
as they did with  the 6776 Ogel set), some parent with no sense of humor
complained because it rhymes with "nymphomaniac".

Of course, my vote is for the R-less version!  ;-)

Maggie C.