 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4919
  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) These are some good ideas - I don't think there's much potential in simple colour variants of sets. Using more realistic colours may appeal to adult builders who are after the parts, but I don't think they'd have the broad market appeal (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Hey, it’s just a start, we just can’t plan on going sub-orbital on the first attempt. There’s far more potential in this concept…but initially I honestly believe that to create a 375/6075 Yellow Castle in Dark Gray would be the perfect launch (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Hi Richard, I agree 100% on the idea of 'Variants'. I am even convinced that has by far more market potential as the 99,8% copies which are now sold as 'Legends'. But for the 375 castle, I would strongly recommend to make it in sandcolour tan. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) More candidates: Ice Planet 2002 version of the BT2 allied avenger (I've seen someone do this already and it is a REAAAAALLY good idea). Actually, it'd be really cool to see more space done in different colour variants. Also, it'd be cool to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Really good point about Tan… It’d seem like the natural alternative! But for me, it just isn’t as useful. (...) ~O.K. then, if we’re gonna get CrAzY,,, ;) How about a light-Blue Statue of Liberty with light-Gray speckled highlights! (URL) (+On (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)