 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4729
Re: 10021
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:01:55 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, William R. Ward writes:
It's gone now - what was it?

A rerelease of #398 U.S.S. Constellation, sans 1x1x1 yellow windows.

It seems that the last few LEGO releases have been preceded by a brief
visibility on their website.  I suspect that there is some software or
procedural problem with lego.com where it is impossible for items to
be added to their database without making them publically visible, at
least for a moment...

I am just guessing wildly here, but it may be the case that they don't have
separate development (creation) and production (live) servers -- or that
even if they do, they triple check their stuff "live" at some point and
possibly for the benefit of other TLC personnel.  The length of time the
stuff stays live until removed suggests the need of some sort of approval
before the yanking gets done.

All just guesses though...

-- Hop-Frog