 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4403
4402  |  4404
Subject:
New colors for old Legends (WAS: legend voting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:09:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Don Cox writes:
Hmmmm... I'm curious, would Lego consider re-releasing the Yellow Castle in
gray or black bricks?

Don,

I have previously suggested a similar course of action for this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/367

While this is one of my all time favorite sets, and at the top of my list
for a Legends reissue, it frankly looks silly in blue.  The vehicle it was
based on was not blue nor were many of other NASA's ships blue.  :)

Why not try some of the old sets in newer colors that perhaps weren't even
available when the set was first issued?  Again, while this is a personal
favorite of mine, I have no sentimental attachment to the color it was
produced in.  I would much rather buy new copies of this set in a light or
maybe even dark grey.  I think it would inject a sense of realism into the
lander.  I'm sure there are other sets out there that might benefit from the
same treatment.

This might also help people to see that sometimes when a set is reissued
thing do have to change.  Certain bricks, certain colors, certain
packaging..... none of these are set in stone.  And in the case of a set
like the lander, the change would only improve what was really a flaw in the
original.  I'm all for that.  :)

All the best,
Allan B.

- Expert Builder website