 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 428
  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) This sounds like one of the few things that could stop the flow of ABS, though I doubt it's cleaned inside very often. (...) I totally agree. The unknown here seems to be how many pieces must go through a mold before the new color completely (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message news:FxEoJG.Aq2@lugnet.com... (...) though (...) be (...) injection (...) through (...) Or do they have newer machines that simply flush out the old color with a bit of compressed air or (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) I disagree. Consider the example of mold tooling that was built to the same form factor for the same machine. To change from one to the other requires merely a substitution of the tooling and a change in settings for amount of plastic to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) factor for (...) to (...) That may be, but when I worked in the plastic part plant, and I changed material and colors numerous times when I was a Utility, a color change merely required a dumping of the material from the hopper, blowing it out (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Maybe. I dunno. I guess I would ask not how much *labor* was involved, but rather, how much time transpired while the machine was out of production. In your description, for example, the bull time to bring the new mold from storage has no (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) You are just right. Actually there is a term SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies) extensively used in Total Quality terminology, which covers many methods to decrease the time consumed during die changes down to below 10 minute barrier (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)