 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4121
Re: No more correct Metroliner parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:13:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Morgan writes:
I might have missed discussion on the matter, but I recently ordered a
Metroliner kit and didn't receive the correct parts with it. On the order
form was a note "Some Metroliner parts may differ from those pictured in the
instructions". Does that mean no longer can one call to receive the correct
replacement parts?

About one year ago, I ordered 2 Metroliner sets, and in my case the part
correction bags where also not automaticly included. I guess they send them
only if you request to do so. (To keep costs down? Maybe the extra handling
and shipping for the percentage of buyers that request the correction is
less expensive than including the correction bag in every shipment)
I called consumer service and asked them to send two correction bags. I had
to explain and convince the employee that the replacement bag for the
Metroliner was a case of official company policy. And first they send me
only one (it's hard for them to deviate from what they expect normally), so
I called them again and said I asked to send me two items, and then they
send me the second one.

I would simply advise you: just try them out.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.