 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3510
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:19:47 GMT

I'm sure a 'series' of reprints would sell well.
RW

In lugnet.lego.direct, Dan Dickerson writes:
How about a book of legends? Reprint the old contruction manuals from sets
in the 60s - 80s in one large book. Sets that you cannot/will not reissue,
so that the book won't compete with your own products. The plans on
Brickshelf are generally not clear enough to really use.

I have a huge collection of Lego, so I can probably build most anything. I
only wish that I had kept the books from my early sets. I still have the
parts, just no directions on how to build the old sets.

You could put a premium price on the book, it would still probably sell
quite well.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:
We're having a debate here in the ABS-paved halls of LEGO Direct that I'd
like to throw open to the community.

The topic is: what makes a LEGO Legend a legend? Or, more precisely, if we
cannot bring back a set precisely as it was (or pretty darn close), can it
still qualify as a Legend?