 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3075
Re: 10000 S@H screw up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:51:06 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Arnold Staniczek writes:
Hi,

I tried to order 10000 Guarded Inn online at S@H (in Germany), but it is
marked as sold out for a couple of days now. I couldn't believe this and
phoned S@H. I was told that there are still more than 2500 copies available
(in Denmark). So what's going on? Why am I not able to order online? Lego
S@H, would you please fix this? And you wonder why Lego looses money?
In addition, S@H online is accepting backorders for 3800. When I tried to
order this set by phone I was told that backorders are not accepted at all.
So what's going on? Why am I not able to order this set by phone? Would you
please tell your employees that they are actually allowed to sell sets, and
that selling sets is their job? Or do they want to have the fun for
themselves? :-))

Thanks

brickhead

Hi there! I recieved a response from our European office on Friday. Sorry
for the delay in posting it! Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks!!
Jake

-----

Hi,

Apologies for this inconvenience to you.

The Guarded Inn, Item 10000 is still available in Germany. During the web
novelty uploads during the last few days our ordering data for Germany did
not "speak" to the web, and hence the item showed up as " Not Available"
with no price attached. Item 10000 Guarded Inn retails at DM 49.95 and will
be back online - to order - within the next hour.

Other items, such as Classics and novelties still coming in 2001 will be
available to order via Backorder. Wherever this is the case, it will be
clearly marked as such and will also show an exact date of when the item is
due to ship from our warehouse.

Thank you for letting us know!

Katharina
LEGO Direct Europe