 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2769
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:22:47 GMT

I too am happy about the Legends series.  It is great that LD is making so many people
happy.

But I still want expanded Bulk Orders.  Some clear bricks and 2x2 windows (blue,
yellow) would be nice, as well as some macaroni bricks in many colors.  Ditto for the
2x2 round bricks.

My favorite candidates for Legends are 396 (Thatcher Perkins) and 384/760 (London
Bus).  The Thatcher Perkins probably won't be made (spoked wheels and rod/piston set),
but the London Bus, which has 24 town windows, would be an awesome addition.  That
would however get back to the question of whether the classic window molds (1x4x2,
1x3x2 and 1x1x1) are sill available.

Thanks LD,
Gary Istok

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

Heck, the set really doesn't impress me much.  I DO like the Tudor walls, and
would love to be able to buy the straight and corner ones separately in bulk, so I
could build decent-sized buildings.  I DO like the hanging sign.  I LOVE the blue
chalice (so if anyone parts any out...).  Beyond that, there's not much there to
excite me.

But I WILL be buying 1-2 for display, and probably a few more for parts.

I can't wait to see what else is brought out, especially TOWN.  That's got to be a
heated argument if the set hasn't been decided.   PLEASE, not Police/Fire
stations!  While I'd love the garage doors, if you're going to go for a garage
door set, think 6369, 6383 (oh yeah!), 6391 or 6597.

Frank Filz wrote:

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Sid Mark Dinsay writes:
Well, I guess people who've paid more than $150 for those old Guarded Inns
feel pretty ripped off right now.  :-D

No, they shouldn't feel that way.  They should feel silly.

I have been offered 6067 for approx. $65 USD and still refused it -- it just
wasn't worth it to me. I will gladly buy several Guarded Inns for $25 a pop.
Anyone paying really crazy prices for sets or elements does it knowing that
they are being stupid. How do I know? I have paid $15 USD for just the red
maiden hat before!

And I don't feel bad about having paid $3 each for Guarded Inn walls. I
probably would still consider paying that much (but don't worry, I'll be
lining up a decent order of these tomorrow, I've been plotting how to do
something with the 4 sets of walls I currently have, another 4 or 8 or
12 sets will make a real nice Inn).

Frank

--
Tom Stangl