 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2202
  an idea for lego: A set design contest

Here is basicly how it would work. Lego would: 1.set constraints on the design (size, number of pieces, theme etc) and 2.would provide a list of "approved" pieces that can be used in the design (which would be a "cut down" version of the master list (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: an idea for lego: A set design contest

If they would put the designers name on it, I think it might get folks to be more willing to submit some of their best designs. I think that sometimes recognition is as important an enticement as monetary rewards would be. Gary Istok (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)