 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2054
Re: Web vs. Catalog product selection (was: Brown Bulk Bricks are in!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:31:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ben Gatrelle writes:

Once the catalogs begin to be mailed, at the latest, the products should be
listed on the web site with the ability to be ordered. Why are they not? Is
this a conscious decision of LEGO Direct management, or is it merely a
breakdown in communication and a lack of sharing timetables between the web
and catalog departments of LEGO Direct's Shop at Home Service?

Actually, the people in charge of the products on the site are also those
same people responsible for the catalog. I am not exactly sure why the delay
happened, but I assume that they haven't gone on the web site (therefore
available to everyone in the world) because of the current inventory
limitations. As soon as the rest of the shipment arrives in the US
distribution center, I'm sure that those pieces will get posted to the site.
Those who get the catalog (a smaller segement of the market) and see the
brown bulks can purchase now from the limited inventory through the toll
free number. Again, the inventory is limited only temporarily.

Knowing the Shop At Home team, they are as interested in having the site
match the catalog as much as you are. I am sure there were things that were
out of their control that caused the temporary disconnect.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Sr. Producer